Improved profitability in H2 2018 underpins strategic pivot to higher margin publishing activities. Download our 2018 Financial Statements (PDF).
Ory Weihs, Chief Executive Officer
“2018 has been a challenging year but our business is built on strong foundations giving us the confidence to cease low margin activities and concentrate on the higher margin Publishing division, returning the business to growth.
“Looking ahead, the Group will be prioritising internal investment across its publishing activity to further build its asset base organically, in particular, in the North American gambling and personal finance verticals. Whist we continue to assess strategic acquisition opportunities, we anticipate the bulk of our mid to long-term asset growth to come from organic asset development.
“Our focus remains firmly on improving operational excellence and further developing assets organically to maximise shareholder value.”
2018 Full Year Results Webcast
During the course of 2017, XLMedia delivered further progress against the Group's strategic plan of generating organic growth alongside acquisition-led expansion into new markets and verticals
Adjusted Net Profit
Adjusted Net Profit Margin
2018 key transactions included
- The Group’s nascent personal finance business continues to grow and has increased its presence in the North American markets, with 6% of overall revenues now derived from this sector (2017: 2%).
- Completed a number of publishing acquisitions totaling $46m including:
- Leading Finnish gaming assets for $18mo
- A UK Bingo comparison site – WhichBingo.co.uk – for $10.5m
- A US personal finance website – investorjunkie.com – for $5.8m
- A network of US and Canadian personal finance assets
- Announced strategic pivot to focus on higher margin publishing revenues, delivering better quality and more predictable earnings